Friday, December 27, 2013

CUPID'S ARROW: My love for ... the #hashtag

I'm well aware that not everyone in the world shares my love for the symbolic little gem known as the hashtag. (I contend that these misguided haters are just non-creative types but that's a topic for another post.) But as I see it, the hashtag is a handy little tool that, when properly used, makes a run of the mill tweet/statement/email/opinion a heck of a lot more interesting. Case in point, this video by two of my best pals: Jimmy and Justin. (I just call them J-squared--they asked me to).



See??  Without the hashtag, this would have been little more than a cheesy conversation about cookies, kids movies and JT's teeth. So here's my argument to all the haters: If the hashtag elevated something this simple to hysterical standards, can you imagine what it would do for other ho-hums in our world?

For example:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, #duh that all men #&women are created equal #booyahbitch, that they are endowed #isthatthesameasbigbreasted by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights #score, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." #hellztotheyeah

or...

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. #impressive #showoff.  Now the earth was formless and empty #yawn, darkness was over the surface of the deep, #lochnessisreal and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. #mysterious #whatgenreisthisbook

 or maybe even this...

 "About three things I was absolutely positive. #overachiever  First, Edward was a vampire. #newsflash  Second, there was part of him #yeahtherewas– and I didn't know how potent that part might be #verypotent– that thirsted for my blood. #ew #buytrueblood And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him." #thisiswhatbiletasteslike

Yeah...I dare you not to love the hashtag now. #caseclosed 



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that skit. They are seriously hysterical. And I do love me some hashtags, too. #lololololololololololololol

    ReplyDelete