Friday, December 13, 2013

A Valentine for the Valentines

Good morning! Normally on Fridays we profess our love for something suggested by our fans, but today I'm doing something a little different because 2014 is almost upon us: I'm professing my love for the other Valentines! Here it is--a Valentine for the Valentines.

Jaye Robin Brown, better known as Jro, is also an art teacher. Not only does she juggle her busy teaching career with writing, she manages a blog, too. How can I steal this woman's energy and bottle it for myself?

Lindsay Cummings just got married and has TWO books coming out next year. I think it's safe to say that she's in the middle of the most wonderful ride of her life.

Bethany Crandell isn't only an amazing writer, she's an amazing mom, too. Listen to how sweet her kiddo is: Recently, one of her daughters looked through her publisher's catalog at the upcoming titles and said, "Mom, this is what you were meant to do." Aww. If that doesn't melt your heart, then you're made of stone, my friend.

Bethany Hagen and I are both librarians, which means we obsess over the Dewey Decimal System too much. One day, while leaving work, Bethany posted a picture of a towering stack of library books she was checking out with the caption, "Hi, my name is Bethany and I have a problem." What's not to love? A book addict, librarian, and writer--officially the best combination ever! (Okay, I admit, I'm probably a tiny bit biased here...)

Kristi Helvig doesn't just write nail-biting science fiction--she's also a clinical psychologist. How amazing is that?! You know how some author's characters sometimes act in ways that don't make sense? Bet that doesn't happen to Kristi's characters.

Sara B. Larson must have an incredible sense of hearing. She can watch her little kids play and write a scene simultaneously--without letting her children's chatter creep into her book! If that isn't talent, then I don't know what is.

Kristen Lippert-Martin is the person to spend time with if you want to lose weight. Not because she'll force you to run around the block fifty times. Because she will make you laugh constantly until your stomach and cheeks ache. Doesn't laughter burn 40 calories an hour?

Lynne Matson has the best autocorrect on her phone in history. Seriously. Once she emailed the group from her phone, and the message was signed Zloty. We've all begged her not to get a new phone because the autocorrects are so hilarious.

Jen McConnel is probably the most positive person I've ever met. I don't think I've heard a single cross word from her. She's always encouraging and upbeat. Tell me your secret, Jen!

Sara Raasch is our fearless leader and one of the funniest people I know. Just don't take a drink while simultaneously reading an email from her because you'll end up snarfing out of your nose. Not that this has ever happened to me. Ahem.

A. Lynden Rolland is the queen of multi-taskers. She finished her edits and took care of her little kids while hobbling around on a broken ankle! Amy, we all bow down to you in awe.

Phil Siegel is the calm voice of reason. Whenever the rest of us get nervous, he talks us down from the ceiling. He's kind of friend everyone needs.

Paula Stokes is the wise of experience. She's been published before under a pseudonym, and has explained the intricacies of the publishing process to us newbies. If you want to know why she's called "Wise Panda," check Lynne's section.

That concludes my Valentine to the Valentines! I'm so glad I'm on this crazy rollercoaster with all of you!

5 comments:

  1. And now I shall comment on Anne Blankman: She is always pragmatic and incredibly insightful. Beyond that, she's levelheaded and SMART! She's the friend you want to go out drinking with because she'll prevent you from doing that stupid thing that sounds like so much fun in that moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here! Anne, we are so lucky to have you! <3

      Delete
  2. Seconded, Bethany! Hugs, Anne! You're the sweetest and oh my word, YOU ARE BRILLIANT. Can't stop thinking about your book…:)
    #SOGOOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love ya, Anne!! You're too dang sweet and wonderful and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somehow never commented on this. You are too sweet! And a completely and amazingly talented writer!! Blessed to know you :)

    ReplyDelete